The London Home Builders' Association (LHBA) was founded in 1952 and is comprised of builders, developers, renovators, suppliers, subcontractors, supporting financial institutions and professionals. Membership if voluntary and applicated are screened by a committee using criteria from the Association’s Code of Ethics. The LHBA’s Provincial and Federal parents are The Ontario Home Builders' Association and The Canadian Home Builders' Association.
We Build Great Communities.
LHBA commits to providing ethical building and business practices for new home builds and renovations by advocating with all levels of government to ensure everyone can live in a well built or renovated home. While giving back to the community through awareness and charitable efforts, the members strongly believe they have an obligation to help make communities great.
To Be Recognized as Industry Leaders for New Home Builds and Renovations in London.
- Be the residential building and renovation industry leader to ensure people of London are able to live in the best built and renovated homes.
- Advocate for the residential building and renovation industry with governments.
- Advocate for education and training for future builders and renovators.
- Ensure members play a leading community role to make London the best it can be.
Professional Industry Leaders
WE are committed to ensuring that all members promote and utilize the highest ethical building and renovation industry business standards.
Collaborative and Inclusive
WE are committed to ensuring the work undertaken is done in a collaborative, inclusive and respectful manner by promoting an environment of trust as we work towards achieving our Mission and Vision.
WE are committed to always exploring new and effective methods to build and renovate homes that will bring value to home owners.
Charitable and Community-Minded
WE are committed to giving back to the community with charitable initiatives that focus on member participation to continually enhance our community.
Code of Ethics
- Members shall comply with all building codes which apply to any construction carried on by a member.
- Members shall plan their sites and homes to conform to the principles of good community planning.
- Members shall deal honestly and fairly with their customers.
- Members shall cooperate to extend the effectiveness of the Association by among other things: Interchanging information and experiences; Improving building codes; Encouraging research on materials and techniques.
- Members shall uphold the principle of appropriate and adequate compensation for the services which they render.
- Members shall avoid all conduct or practices which are likely to discredit or do injury to the house building industry.