Work with all levels of government and external partners towards ensuring the stability and health of the housing industry.
Initial Strategic Priority of Careers promoted careers in construction to ensure the future workforce. The 2015 review expanded the priority to include increased training and professional development opportunities for members.
The strength of the association depends on the strength of the voice within the membership. The initial priority of Member and Director Participation has been widened to include a focus on membership recruitment and ensuring the value of services provided to members.
Code of Ethics
- Members shall comply with all building codes which apply to any construction carried on by a member.
- Members shall plan their sites and homes to conform to the principles of good community planning.
- Members shall deal honestly and fairly with their customers.
- Members shall cooperate to extend the effectiveness of the Association by among other things: Interchanging information and experiences; Improving building codes; Encouraging research on materials and techniques.
- Members shall uphold the principle of appropriate and adequate compensation for the services which they render.
- Members shall avoid all conduct or practices which are likely to discredit or do injury to the house building industry.
As part of a 2015 Strategic Plan Review Directors focussed on the following:
- Mission Statement and found it was still representative of the major mandate of the LHBA in serving its members, the future of the industry, and our community.
- Vision Statement and updated it to recognize our current emphasis on social and environmental responsibility.
- Refined the original priorities to: Advocacy, Education and Membership
Three Implementation Teams of Directors focused on historical and change inititiatives and:
- Reviewed accomplishments over the last 10 years since the original strategic plan was developed;
- Developed a series of tasks with targets and timeframes that would move the LHBA forward towards its new goals;
- All tasks were in addition to the Association’s current agenda of programs and activities.